A little about me...

Hello everyone! Thank you for taking the time to read my posts about my life as a new athletic trainer in southwest Kansas. I graduated from Washburn University in May 2011 and came home to an outpatient physical therapy/outreach athletic training clinic. I currently spend 3 days a week in the clinic treating primarily workman's compensation patients and 2 days a week visiting 5 area high schools providing athletic training services. I hope you find my posts interesting, and if you have any questions, please don't hesitiate to ask!

Friday, January 27, 2012

I have to brag just a little...

So this isn't related to Athletic Training at all (well not the profession) but it is athletic related and it took some training so I figured I could justify posting about this.

As I've mentioned various places already through out the semester, by brother is a senior track and field/cross-country runner at Friends University in Wichita, Kansas.  Anyway, today his team traveled to Lawerence Kansas to participate in the KU indoor track meet.

My brother placed 6th overall and was only beaten by runners from KU (obviously Division 1 athletes, while Friends is a NAIA school).  The exciting part is, his time is good enough for the #1 ranking in his conference!!!!!  Not only does he have the fastest time, but he is the fastest by 8 seconds (and 8 seconds is ALOT in running)

Anyway, I am definitely one proud big sis today!  THANK YOU for allowing me a chance to brag.

(this is a picture of Tim running cross-country last fall)
GO FALCONS!

P.S. I'll get back to the world of Athletic Training tomorrow :-)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! That's great. I have heard of the NAIA league and I even know a school that is NAIA but i don't know too much about it. What would you compare NAIA to? Competitively would it be closest to d1, 2, or 3? Can the give athletic scholarships?

    ReplyDelete